Saturday, February 20, 2010

Welcome to the world baby -- Cherokee sanders, Grade 9

It was a sunny day in July and my family was having a picnic in the park. Everyone was there and me and my favorite cousin Sharon was just sitting on the bench watching the girls jump double Dutch and watching the boys play basket ball and while we were sitting there watching our family enjoy the picnic I thought to myself and said “this day couldn’t get any better”. That is until my brothers girlfriend water broke and she went into labor. Every one was hysterical except me and her I mean I thought the parent was suppose to act like that but I guess not. When I seen her water break and she started screaming I thought I was going to fall out I mean I never seen anyone go into labor before so I was really shocked. My brother and my mom got her in the car as quick they could and they started down the rode to HCMC. As soon as we got there they rushed her to the emergency room and she was screaming and squeezing things and she reached for my hand but I had no idea that she was going to squeeze it that hard it was like she was squeezing the life out of my hand. So here we all are in the delivery room well not all of us just me my mom and my brother and there she is just pushing away and taking deep breaths every chance she got and after like ten pushes you can see his head and right then and there I thought I was going to faint but I manage to stay on my feet .as she’s pushing and pushing the baby is just staying In one place and then finally she got so mad and yelled “get this baby out of me” and as soon as she said that he came out a liltle more and every time she yelled he kept coming until he finally came out he was 6pounds and seven ounces. When it was my tern to hold him I just stared at him and then I whisper softly to him and I said “welcome to the world baby”

No comments: