Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Bad Dream - this writer wishes to remain anonymous

There I sat, where you might ask? The honest truth is I don’t know. However what I do know is that I’m cold, and wherever I am its pitch black. I feel a pain on my forehead and the ground feels like concrete. Suddenly I heard footsteps. For some strange reason I felt terrified. Now you might think its normal for people to be scared, but not for me. I couldn’t move and I couldn’t speak.

The footsteps seemed to be walking around me, and for a second I thought they got so close, that I could feel someone breathing right above me. Then they stopped, and I hadn’t noticed that my eyes were shut tight. When I slowly opened them, I still couldn’t see a thing. However I could see a small spot of light, but then it went away so I thought I had just imagined it. When I tried to look for something, anything else I saw the light again. It was like a glow of light from somewhere outside, or light that same from another room through the creek of a door.
It got so bright that my eyes couldn’t stand looking at it, so I covered my face. In the light I could make out a persons shadow. This gave me chills down my spine. The person called my name but it was an unfamiliar voice. They sounded demanding but at the same time I could make out fear in their voice. I blinked, and in a split second I was in my room. It was bright and sunny outside, and there I lay relieved that it was only a bad dream. Although it seemed so realistic, it was definitely something that was going to be on my mind all day.

No comments: