Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tenth Grade, by Bonsa A. Tilahun

I have always wanted to become some kind of super hero or have some kind of super natural powers. I am always reading comics, and when I am not reading comics I would be daydreaming. I guess you could say I am a comic book geek. My room is filled with posters of super heroes that you can’t even see my wall. You open the door and you would see a poster of superman and you look to the right you would see batman and to the left you would see flash and so on and on. My bed is at the far left corner of the room right under the flash poster. A little bit to the left is the window that showed the big field behind our house and the woods. We live on the country side of the city. Our house is really big and we have a big swimming pool in our back yard. I don’t even know why we live in this area because …… I guess you would put it as rich. My dad works for the government and my mom is a sergeant. I don’t exactly know what they do but I know that thy make a lot of money. We have 4 cars and we only use 2 of them.

Every year we go on a vacation. This year I get to pick where we go and do every thing there is to do. I have always wanted to go to the carabeans, so I researched a little bit and booked a five star hotel that is located by the beach and had a really good view of the ocean. Something else also cought my eye. It said COME AND GET ETERNAL LIFE. That is all it said and it is about a mile away from out hotel. After a week we would be on our way to the carabeans. Finally the day I was waiting for came…..saterday and we were on our way to the carabeans. That Sunday I did not get out of my room, I was just daydreaming about how life would be. Mom and dad thought I was sick and were about to take me back to the U.S. On Monday I went straight to where the website said and the house was not what I expected. It was old and looked as if its about to fall down on the house next to it. It looks as if the front yard has never been mowed for years

I went and touch the bell and DING! DONG! The door bell went and there was a lady at the door. She was the cutest girl I have ever seen. She looked like those people from the magazine. For a second there, I forgot why I was even there for. I don’t know how but she already knew why I was there and what my name was. She said “Hello Derran, do you have the money?” I brought about $50 just in case. So I told her how much it costs. She told me it was only 15 bucks. That kind of got me suspicious. Who would give you an eternal life for only 15 bucks. She told me it would cost me my freedom if I do this but I have waited to long to turn back now. So I told her that I did not care. She kept on telling me to think about it before I could do this but I said no. I wanted her to do it right now. So she got to work after taking her money.

She gave me some sweet drink and it knock me out. Every thing went black. I could hear but yet can’t see or move. I got my vision back after what seemed like an hour. Al of a sudden I see this guy with his head cut off standing on top of me. He was taking out my brain. I can’t feel any pain. The next thing I know I was looking at myself sleeping on the couch. I screamed as loud as I could and the next thing I knew I was in my hotel. Was that a dream or did it really happen?

No comments: