Saturday, February 20, 2010

Rain - This writer chose to remain anonymous

Rain

It was a rainy morning and you couldn’t see the sun because of the cloudy dark weather. You can hear many heavy rain drops like gunshots outside, mean while inside I was getting ready for school with my older brother, we were going to walk to school unaware of the time we checked and it was eight am we were going to be late, so we ran to the backyard hopped on our bikes and raced out of the drive way. It was about a ten minute bike trip everything was going to be ok until, a small white rock hit my head it hurt I ignored it but all of a sudden many rocks hit my head I thought to my self in that instant what’s happening then I said to my self “its hailing”.

I couldn’t see where I was going it was like I was biking through a cloud I was slowing down I couldn’t see my brother he was a head of me but he didn’t realize it I had to act fast and catch up but then, I fell of my bike and scraped my leg on the concrete, I got up sat by the side walk alone in the rain thinking all hope is lost then I hear something approaching me it was my brother and I thought to my self for once im happy to see him he said “what happened” I said “I fell” he helped me up then said come on we are going be late I was encouraged ready for another lap so this time he waited for me by my side and we raced to the school.

When we got there we locked the bikes to this pole and ran to the school we got in, he went another way and so did I, I was running to my classroom you can hear my foot steps they squeaked every time I stepped the I entered my room right when the bell rang I had a smile on my face happy that I want late.

No comments: