Saturday, February 20, 2010

In life it is Either Love or Divorce - - by Jessica Ortiz

It was a sunny and warm when I woke up on the morning of the worst day of m life. I heard screams, plates shattering and being thrown across the living room. Once again my mother was having one of those days were she regrets the fact of marring my father and the fact that today she was going to sign the divorce papers. I wish I could go back into my dreams where a perfect place actually existed and no one had to regret the mistakes they had made and would later on regret. I wish my life or more known as my misery would change into HAPPINESS and PERFECTION.

At school everyone would know me because of my parents. You know getting a divorce during my childhood was just unacceptable everyone would be nice to you one day and as soon as they found out someone related to you was getting a divorce they would turn their backs on you and look at you as a perfect stranger, or as a person that they have never seen I their lives. I was sure that as I grew older and became more interested in women I would look for the right one that would just be perfect, for me of course, knowing that no one in this world is perfect at least I wanted my girl to have what I expected of them.

But there was one problem after so many years of seeing how my mother suffered I was just too afraid I didn’t want to suffer like her or if I had kids I wouldn’t want them to go through what I went through. I was afraid that if I were to fall in love, Love would turn its back at me and just stab my heart and crush it trying to hurt me. No I wouldn’t want to have thrown plates be thrown at me if I were to have a divorce I wanted a perfect family. All I wanted was a God damn perfect life.
When my mother started realizing that I was getting older and with the years
I started looking like my father she wouldn’t even look at me she was disgusted at me just for looking like my father, I asked my self what sin did I do to have a life like this. But the good thing about my Life is that I actually met the girl of my dreams the one that I was sure not going to throw plates at me the one that I will love and have love back from her. She was just the one.

No comments: