Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Strange Dream -- By: Ivan Jimenez Grade: 9th

My breath burned in my chest and I was running out of strength there was no doubt about it, he was getting closer, the man with a black mask trying to kidnap me. I was horrified because it was late at night in the city I thought to myself, where is everyone?
Having no idea where they were I kept running, I ran through two buildings and a store but the man in the mask was still behind me about a block away but it felt like he was right beside me.
I kept running, finally I reached to a point where I was too tired too go on, my feet were soar and I could barely feel them so I decided to hide in the very next building I saw but the next building was a small store, I had no other choice I checked behind me the guy in mask was two minutes away from me enough time to hide
So I ran into the store and hided inside a big box of candy waiting for the kidnapper to pass by but the kidnaper walked into the store I took three deep breathes and as the kidnapper got closer I started to panic in my head telling myself “he is going to catch me he is going to catch me!!!” I was breathing harder as he opened the first box but luckily I was in the fourth box, he opened the second box I wasn’t in there, he opened the third box I wasn’t there either when he finally got to my box I screamed in terror jumped out of the box and tried too run but he grabbed my shirt and pulled me back, I fell and fainted for 3 seconds but as I was waking up I saw him putting me in his big black bag I tried too fight my way out of the bag but he tied the bag to tight for me too get out.
He was about to put me in his truck full of kids but suddenly I felt a hit, a hit so soft it felt like a pillow I opened my eyes and it was my little brother on the side of my bed I asked myself “was that just a dream?” I looked around, it was my room but it couldn’t be I was just getting chased by a guy in a mask. I got up from my bed and was thankful that It really didn’t happen I ran downstairs too the kitchen and as I ran downstairs I saw I black figure in my hand, it was a black mask.

No comments: