Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Remember You. - - By: Trisha Rae Bixler, Grade 9.

2.11.2010

It’s a warm, cold, fall morning. It’s the first day of my freshmen year, I’m so scared yet, kind of excited to see all my old friends and see how everyone changed. Mostly, I want to see my old best friend, if he even goes here anymore. As I’m sitting here, waiting for the bus, then. A person was appearing out from the fog. As I look closely. I see this tall, light skinned, brown haired, hazel eyed guy. As he gets closer. I notice he looks sort of familiar. Then I remembered. It’s him, Avon Andrews. My best friend from elementary. Avon and I were best friends since 5th grade and we were close friends, always hung out with each other, went to the movies, and took a few trips to his family’s cabin. We did mostly everything together. But that all changed when I had to move away. I had to move away because my parents didn’t want me worrying about some boy, and worry more about school.
Now that I’m 15. My parents thought we could move back. As long as I keep my grades up. And get everything turned in on time. So we moved back. But now that I haven’t been here in little Columbia Heights, Nobody really remembers me, Or at least I don’t think?
As I’m going through my backpack, seeing if I have everything that I need. I hear a voice. “Hey Rae. “ I look up, and there was Avon. I was so excited that I dropped my bag, and gave him the biggest hug I ever gave someone before! “Hi Avon! How have you been?? I haven’t seen you since 5th grade!” I yelled in excitement. I quickly pick up all my things so he doesn’t laugh at me or anything. “I’ve been good, just been busy with my family and also busy with basketball still. And yeah it feels like I haven’t seen you in like a billion years. Ha-ha.” Avon says while letting out a little laughter.
We’re both waiting for the bus to come. We talked about what has happened since we last seen each other.

No comments: